Whipped this up at the weekend, using my leftover yarn from my Arleen. The yarn is Cascade 220, made on size 8mm circular needles. The pattern is Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson (Ravelry link to pattern). The pattern worked out well, i missed out one round from the middle as i was unsure if i would have enough yarn to finish the hat, it turned i had plenty. The pattern recommended using DPNS to start with in a smaller size, I did the whole hat to the same circular needles, and the front band could be tighter so if i make this again i might start on 7mm circular needles, i don't see the point of investing in DPNS when i have circular needles in the same size.
I managed to finish the last 1/4 of the hat on the bus, making myself very travel sick on the way to Shrewsbury. I have done a lot of crochet on buses before and have knitted in cars and it has never made me feel sick, this was a first. Though the bus journey between Newport and Shrewsbury is along very twisty country lanes, and that cant of helped. Still i am happy that i finished something (despite the nausea), i have so much else which is unfinished. Currently i am working on a Style 4485 dress and the Elbow Patch Cardigan both of which still have a long way to go. Not to mention a growing pile of UFOs.