This is the Wurm hat by Katharina Nopp you can find it a a free Ravelry download. This was such a simple knit, yet the results look so much more professional than my usual hand knit stuff.
I usually shy away from hats which have a folded brim. As my first try at a hat, the brim was just massive and so unattractive. On this hat the brim is formed by working stockinette stitch, with a row of purl in the middle. The brim is then folded at the purl row and the cast on picked up at the top of the brim. Giving this neat edge. I shall defently use this method again for making a brim.
I used some old cheap acrylic yarn form my stash, as i could not find 5 ply anywhere. But the results are just as good as if i had used real wool. I have turned into such a yarn snob. I only cast-on 95 stitches instead of the 100 required to make up for my slightly too chunky yarn. Luckily the number of stitches cast-on for a project like this wont affect the pattern.
Finally, the only problem with this pattern i found is that when you pull at the back slightly it slouches kind of strangely.
My Ravelry notes.