This is my first completed knitting project in nearly a year. This is also my first ever sweater and attempt at circular knitting. The pattern is Arleen from Dona Knits, and i used the recommended yarn of Cascade 220. I chose this pattern because it looked, simple and stylish, and did not want my first experiment with knitting sweaters to be complicated.
Overall I am very please with the pattern and the way it has come out. The pattern was easy to follow and the illustrations for the crocheted button holes were very useful. All the problems with the sweater lay in me. My cast-on on the neck was very wonky, this is probably to do with the fact i started this project whilst in the Wimbledon queue. I was very distracted chatting to other queuers and had to unpick the stitches several times, because i kept counting them all wrong. The tension is also a lot tighter at the top compared to the bottom, again i was in the Wimbledon queue and knitting in a tent apparently equals tight tension. So i think i have learnt that in front of the TV is my best knitting position. I have also added about 4 inches to the bottom to compensate for my long body.
|Some fun with my camera and the collage button.|
Above is my next knitting project it is the Elbow-Patch Cardigan by A. Butta. Still along way to go i am hoping that i finish before the end of this winter. Here is the link to my Ravelry notes.