Friday 26 October 2012

Future Plans


In the past I have travelled a lot, but there is still so many place that I have not been, and stuff that I really want to try. So I have been getting the travel bug again for sometime. Life just seems so dull to me if you are not constantly exploring and trying new things. So I decided I would like to try skiing.


I love the outdoors and the mountains and the snow, but I have never been skiing before. I have had the opportunity, but I have always stayed away on grounds of cost. Then it occurred to me I want to travel, live aboard, quit my mind-numbingly boring job, why not get a job in a ski resort? So I have been looking for jobs abroad, especially in the French Alps. I did not really want to write much about this before, as I was uncertain if I would get a job or not. This uncertainty has stopped me buying patterns and fabric that I really wanted to, because if I got a job I would not be able to take my sewing machine. So for months I have been worried more about finding a job than knitting or sewing.


Anyway I am so excited to say I GOT A JOB! I am going to be working in the Chamonix Valley over the winter. I am so excited there is almost no words. :)


I'll be working for a holiday company who have luxury chalets all along the Chamonix Valley. I will be working in the housekeeping department, cleaning, not get distracted by the stunning scenery.  I might also have to travel some distance between chalets, so hopefully there will plenty of time for me to adsorb my location. I'll also get days off, of course. I get a ski lift pass as part of my work package, so ill be learning to ski.  If Skiing fails, I could probably just ride around on the ski lifts with my camera, happy all day :)


More to follow, I have so much to think about right now:)

Note: All the photos are taken from Pinterest, for the sources please see here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Good on you for following your dreams! I've been lucky enough to have spent the last month or so in the mountains around Monte Rosa in Italy. The scenery is amazing!

    Make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait! Are you staying the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, just another week. I'm not much of a skier, more a hiker, so as soon as the snow falls it all gets too hard! Meant to be -5oC tonight :S (for an Australian thats cold... very very cold!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. The temps dropped significantly in the UK at the moment (I mean its around 5 degrees C at the moment). Now I am kinda wondering if I have made a good decision here. :)

    ReplyDelete