|The final version.|
This top was made from a pattern i took off the May addition of Sew magazine. I made it as a warm up to the dress variation i am planning to make in dark grey.
I wanted a top/dress suitable for the winter, so i made it with long sleeves. This was the first time i have ever tried to alter a pattern so radically from the original and it did not go to plan. After i had finished it the sleeves were just too short. So i decided that it was best to shorten them to 3/4 length sleeves. I put elastic through one of the sleeves and left the other one blank to see what looked best and decided on the loose sleeve.
I also made a mistake when sewing up the back seem and had to unpick it, i damaged the fabric and in trying to cover this up the neck line does not sit quite straight. I am possibly the only one who know it is there, but it is there and it is going to nag at me.
Now to decide how to make this grey wrap dress. I still really want long sleeves, but i am now slightly lacking in confidence to pull this off with out extra fabric to make mistakes. i could make the cap sleeve variation and layer it with a black long sleeve top underneath!! This will give me something to think about over the Christmas holidays.
|The sleeves were just too short in my first version.|
|3/4 length sleeves one with elastic and one with out.|