So this is what i am wearing right now, shorts (at last) and a Sorbetto blouse.
I made the blouse using the free Sorbetto pattern from Colette Patterns. I have made a few changes to the blouse, i added cap sleeves, lengthened the hem and inverted the centre pleat.
When i decided to use this pattern to make summer tops, i was always going to make a few. I had planned out what fabric i was going to use, black and red with daises (below), blue polka dot, and a white and blue stripy one. Then it got warm and sunny and suddenly my chose of fabric seemed a bit dull and inappropriate.
The flower print top is actually the second Sorbetto i have made this week. The firts one....
came out a bit small, but it did give me a chance experiment. So i added caped sleeves to it using my less than professional approach...
1. cut out a piece of fabric that is roughly sleeve shaped and attach it to bodice.
2. hack away at it with a pair of blunt scissors.
3. rip it off, cut down the centre, spread it apart and recut it out.
4. reattach to bodice, to check shape.
and i had my cap sleeve pattern piece.
I new this would happen, i have been trying so hard to follow proper established sewing methods, so i don't fall in to bad habits. But i have a personality type.
And then Timbaland, The Way I Are, came on the radio and i could not resist...
I embarrass in night clubs.